The future is here, and America is back in the game.
It’s just one of the many good things Motor Trend magazine had to say about the all-new Chevrolet Volt as it named the car the “2011 Motor Trend Car of the Year®.” The annual award is one of the most prestigious honors bestowed in the auto industry and further proof that it’s a new day for Chevrolet, not to mention the entire auto industry. Powered by electricity without being tethered to electrical outlets, the Volt does everything a great car does and, according to Motor Trend, better than any other. It’s further proof that today, tomorrow and on into the future, Chevy Runs Deep.
Volt Mobile App
Starting this fall, anywhere you get a signal on your smartphone, you can have total control of your Volt. Tap away and, with the OnStar MyLink, you’ll be able to check the battery charge level, available range, tire pressure, remote lock and unlock and even activate the remote start to heat or cool the interior to your preferred temperature. Navigate the interactive screens of the app, and you can change how and when you want your Volt to charge. You can even set up Alerts via text or email to remind you to plug in your Volt, when charging is complete or if charging has been interrupted. The app also provides a single button to access a Volt Customer Advisor who can answer vehicle specific questions.
- Aerodynamics that maximize the distance per charge and miles per gallon of fuel
- A closed grille and aerodynamic back edges contribute to its fuel efficiency(7)
- Energy-efficient Bose® Sound System
- Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max tires
Volt offers the performance and forward-thinking you’ve come to expect from Chevrolet. Take a look:
- Instant, smooth and seamless torque right at the wheels.
- Regenerative braking captures the energy from forward motion that would otherwise be lost when the car slows or stops and then converts it into electricity, helping to make the Volt even more efficient to drive.
- When running on electricity, the Volt can reach a top speed of 100 mph in near silence. Free of the typical noise of the internal combustion engine, the Volt offers a quieter, more relaxing ride at any speed.
Making the future safer
Volt drivers and passengers will be wrapped in a cocoon of standard safety. With eight air bags(6) ready to deploy in an emergency, it’s obvious safety is of the highest priority. Joining this built-in safety is an unprecedented five-year subscription to OnStar’s®(11) Directions and Connections® Plan including Automatic Crash Response. In the event of a collision, built-in sensors can automatically alert an OnStar Advisor, who is immediately connected into your vehicle to see if you need help sent to your exact location — even if you can’t respond.
Electricity – a more sensible primary fuel
Put simply, electricity is a cleaner source of power. And as technology improves in the generation of electricity, we will continue to see reduced carbon outputs. Advancements in electricity production along with reduction in emissions from electric-powered driving could help make our world a cleaner place.
- Mostly produced domestically and is an inexpensive source of power
- Cleaner to use than gasoline
- Utilities have the capacity to power millions of Volt vehicles without overtaxing the infrastructure
- Electricity is produced by many different sources including renewable wind, solar, geothermal and hydropower.
- We’re working with utility companies to make sure that everyone has inexpensive and reliable access to charging